Monday, December 6, 2010

My First Lesson: Food

The first lesson I had to teach at the school was on food. These are the materials I used for that lesson. First, we played "Bingo" to get the kids used to the vocabulary.

All the kids loved playing Bingo. I got these cards from www.mes-english.com  These cards were for teaching main course meals and snacks.



I had to modify my lesson for teaching drinks as amongst the Bingo cards were these:






Learning this vocabulary can be quite offensive here. Thankfully, I was able to modify my lesson.

At the end of my lessons I like to have a "how to apply this to your life" section. For that section, I made a menu template for the kids to create their own menu. Here's the one I made



All the kids loved this lesson. Now, I'm wondering if I set the bar too high for myself. How can I continue to deliver fun and exciting lessons every week?

Thankfully, Winter break is just around the corner!!!!