Monday, July 18, 2011

Signs that get lost in Translation

Ok, let's try this blogging stuff again. I've realized that I do not keep up with blogging, but I will try it once again. So in an effort to get me motivated to blog, I will be posting favorite signs, posters, and paintings I see around Asia.


 This was an add to order food from an airline during the Chinese New Year.

 This one is a maxi-pad / tampon dispenser in a restroom in one of Jakarta's many malls. The suffix -licious should never be attached to any feminine/bathroom products.

 This add was plastered on a truck. I saw it as we were going through the toll both. Essentially this add is advertising maxi-pads. The creepy guy (who I'm guessing is Uncle Chin?!?!) is closing a gate to keep the young girls inside the school. Is it advertising anti-leakage protection? 

Did I miss something in history class? This to me is offensive but this is a painting that decorates one of our favorite restaurants in Jakarta.

At least they're honest: It says it in the title "Destroy Hair and Beauty Salon."